Only a few hours left before 2012 officially ends! So… what are you doing on new year’s eve?
Charot! Maisingit lang. I love you forever, Joe! You too, Zooey! ❤
This has been a tough year for me. I was convinced that 2012 sucked so badly; however, after comparing it with my What Happened in 2011 List, this year actually kicked serious ass. I experienced a number of new things, thought (naging pa-deep ako ng sobra), reflected (pa-deeper), soul searched (pa-deepest), travelled, and fangirl-ed (THE BEST) intensely. It wasn’t my year, but it was good in its own way. I guess? Hahaha!
Okay, so here’s what happened:
1. I found out that I was bound to leave for the United States. I spent the first months of 2012 with an exhausting medical examination and a nerve-wracking Visa interview. Not to mention the major roller coaster of emotions! Honestly, I initially took the whole situation badly AKA not with open arms and mind. I wasn’t ready yet I slowly convinced myself that I can still get through with the goodbyes and the change of my life’s course.
2. I spent my 21st birthday at work. My friends and office mates surprised me which made this year’s birthday one of the most memorable.
3. I resigned from my first job. I’ve grown attached to my office mates because they are great people to work with, especially my former boss who I learned a lot from. It was difficult but it’s a decision I have to make eventually.
4. One of this year’s (and life’s) blessings: my nephew baby Lucas was born! 🙂
6. I flew to the United States and stayed there for almost four months. I went state hopping during my first month and spent the following weeks watching Eat Bulaga (mastering the Cha-Cha dance), applying for jobs and waiting for some company to call, and walking around the park.
7. I had a lot of “me time.” I thought about what I want to achieve and what person I want to become. Remember that line from Tangled? Find another dream. I found it.
8. Quotang-quota ako sa fangirl moments this year and I must say, those moments were the highlights of my 2012. To the highest level of happiness! In Feb, I watched Jeff Timons, a1, and Blue live in concert. I saw Ian Somerhalder, Leighton Meester, and Mario Maurer in May for their Penshoppe appearances during the Philippine Fashion Week. When I went to the US, I finally saw one of my favorite bands, Switchfoot, perform LIVE! And the best-est moment of them all… *drumroll*
I went to the Hit Record show in DC and met Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Someone captured this major eye contact moment whilst he was shaking my hand! 🙂
9. 2012 is also a year of milestones and firsts! I experienced most of these all by myself. The most memorable would be my trip from Virginia to San Francisco to Manila. I ran around the San Francisco International Airport like a lunatic. Akala ko maiiwan ako ng eroplano pauwing Pilipinas! But I made it! I’m alive! Safe and sound! Yahoo!
10. I went back to the Philippines and celebrated the holidays with my family. ♥
Looking back, 2012 proved to be one bipolar year. I’ve had a lot of emotional challenges that made me question my faith in myself and in circumstance. There were times when I felt like a total failure and that people would judge me. I’m still having hard time believing in myself, and that is still one obstacle I need to overcome.
Overall, I am thankful for whatever this year did to me. I realized that I don’t need the approval of others to be happy. In other words, KEBER! But to be honest, now that I’m back home, I’m also back to square one for the second time this year. I’m scared but it’s a good kind of scared. I’ll just do my best, stop finding comfort in the past, and move forward.
So cheers to the year that was and the year that will be! 2013, I’m so stoked to see what you have in store for me! 🙂 Happy New Year, folks!